3. When did you become a member at CrossFit West of the River?
I’m a founding member, June 2014
Definite changes!! I have lost 25 pounds and lots of inches! I can do things such as jump rope, run, and lift that I couldn’t have done last year. I am mentally stronger and don’t shy away from the WODs! I have learned to compete with myself.
5. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
I couldn’t believe how difficult it was, how encouraging the coaches were, and how strongly I knew I would be back!!
6. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you?
After the first class I attended, I knew this was exactly how I was going to lose weight and get into shape
7. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least Favorite?
Favorite: Deadlifts. Least favorite: BURPEEEEEES, mountain climbers, lunges
8. What motivates you during a WOD?
The community motivates me. I enjoy being with the people who are there. I am always encouraged not only by the friendships, but by the coaches. The feeling of accomplishment I feel after every WOD is something I have never experienced before.
9. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter?
To continue to lose the excess weight I have carried for 20 years. To be healthy and to continue to do better each WOD.
10. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness?
The lack of boring routine. It is always different and always working muscles I didn’t even know existed! The amazing amount of coaching you receive. The encouragement from community.
11. What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit?
12. What is something no one knows about you?
Gary and I have been to all but 3 of the 50 states. I have also traveled to Mexico, Canada, England and Vietnam.
13. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, what would it be?
4 rounds: 15 Deadlifts, 10 Sit-ups, 10 Pull-ups, 10 Squats, 10 Bench Press