Alexis Beaver a.k.a “BeaverCat”
3. When did you become a member at CrossFit West of the River?
July 13, 2014 – at Yoga 🙂
4. Have you noticed any changes – physical or mental – since starting CrossFit? If so, what?
Are you kidding?! The changes are almost overwhelming. Of course I can see amazing physical changes, but what surprises me the most is the mental changes… I have so much self confidence and determination its impressive!!
5. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
“These people are crazy!!… I love them and I can’t wait to be like them!.. Oh, I think I’m going to pass out.. I need a nap”
6. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you?
I knew it was, for the simple fact I’ve tried working out on my own several times and then I eventually go back to the same lazy routine. With my WOR family, I’m not able to, they make sure I stay motivated and keep improving.
7. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least Favorite?
Favorite: Any type of Cleans – Don’t tell Quenton, He will make me clean at home too!
Least: Wall balls…. “No rep! No rep!”
8. What motivates you during a WOD?
Knowing that I get a delicious, semi-frozen, Chocolate Peanut Butter Smash Protein shake at the end! Yummy 🙂
9. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter?
Oh geeze. That list is endless! Everyone probably knows me as the girl with whip marks, who can’t do Double Unders. My goal is simply to enjoy the time spent getting stronger, with a great group of friends and improving my health… as well as my times 🙂
10. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness?
The moral of the sport. We all know the WOD’s are going to be tough/suck. We keep coming back, we keep getting stronger, and we hold each other accountable.
11. What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit?
Don’t be scared. If you want results, try it out and stick with it. If you need people to keep you motivated, this is the place. Yes, it’s going to be tough and possibly make it hurt to walk up the stairs in the office the next day, but it’s completely worth it! It’s a good hurt. You may think we are crazy, we are… but I promise you will fit right in and most of all just have fun! Oh and don’t forget to stretch and drink LOTS of water!
12. What is something no one knows about you?
I used to have two pet Peacocks….and I got lost in Wal-mart. Oh and I have a fear of ordering Pizza.
13. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, what would it be?
Warm – up: Bring Sally up (75/55#)
Skill work: 1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk
WOD: (3 rounds)
1 min handstand hold
15 Air Squats
15 Power Cleans (95/75#)
15 Kettlebell Swings
15 Wall Ball Shots