3. When did you become a member at CrossFit West of the River?
I became a member in July 2014 but didn’t begin to work out regularly until the end of 2014.
4. Have you noticed any changes – physical or mental – since starting CrossFit? If so, what?
Yes. Once I started working out regularly and changed my eating habits I noticed major changes. I have lost weight and I can see muscle that I have never seen before in my life. I have so much more energy than I had before and I actually like working out.
5. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
I thought I was going to die!
6. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you?
In February 2015, during/after the nutrition challenge.
7. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least Favorite?
Favorite…..anything that has to do with lifting. Least favorite – RUNNING! I hate to run!
The coaches, the other athletes, the CLOCK.
9. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter?
Before the end of the year I hope to be able to do a pull-up without a band…just one pull-up will make me happy.
10. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness?
It’s completely different from anything I have ever done. I always preferred to work out alone and never wanted to be part of a class or group setting but that’s one of the great things about CrossFit. Others are there to motivate you the entire time. Even when I am the last one to complete the WOD (which is almost every time) no one makes me feel bad, everyone cheers me on and congratulates me for completing it.
Keep track of your accomplishments. Post to the website or keep your own records of your WOD’s. I was getting so discouraged because I felt like I wasn’t improving until I started keeping track. It’s amazing the improvements that you can make in a short period of time.
12. What is something no one knows about you?
I sometimes forget how old I am because I rarely give my correct age.
13. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, the workout would be:
I’m not creative enough to think of a WOD but I know it would not include running!