3. When did you become a member at CrossFit West of the River?
August 11th, 2015
4. Have you noticed any changes – physical or mental – since starting CrossFit? If so, what?
Yes! I have noticed significant physical changes. I have lost almost 30 pounds and I have muscles I didn’t even know existed. I have been much happier overall and I haven’t been nearly as sick as usual.
5. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
Holy crap. I’m going to die. I can’t get off of the floor. How am I going to walk tomorrow? Does it ever get easier? (By the way, the answer to that is no, you just work harder)
6. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you?
The first day! Even though I was in so much pain and totally exhausted, I knew that CrossFit was going to be a great motivator for me.
7. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least Favorite?
My most favorite is push presses. Least favorite is a tie between burpees and weighted squats.
8. What motivates you during a WOD?
The end of the WOD lol! And all the other athletes who work so hard. They’re all so inspiring!
9. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter?
My goal right now is to get the stinking double unders. After that I’m shooting for an un-assisted pull-up.
10. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness?
I think the intensity and variety of the workouts is what really sets it apart for me. I’ve tried Zumba, Couch to 5k, Yoga, Pilates, and just the regular old gym and I always got so bored with the routine. There is no “routine” WOD at CrossFit WOR and that’s what I love.
11. What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit?
I would recommend not eating or drinking a whole lot before or during a WOD. Too much water in your tummy might not agree with all the movements we do.
12. What is something no one knows about you?
Hmmmm, this is a tough one! Not many know that I can sew. It’s one of my hobbies that I learned from my mom and grandmas.
13. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, the workout would be:
22 Push Press
22 Wall Ball Sit-Ups
200 Meter Run