1. Name: Clint Ducket
2. Age: 33
3. When did you become a member at CrossFit West of the River? January 2016
4. Have you noticed any changes – physical or mental – since starting CrossFit? If so, what?
Physical – I have lost 30 pounds and about 3 ½ inches, I have way more endurance and feel so much better.
Mental – I have so much more confidence in myself that if I set a goal I can achieve it.
5. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout? My 1stthoughts right after the work out was why Lamonte hasn’t got rid of the steps out front. I was wondering if I was ever going to be able to row 200 meters without passing out or throwing up.
6. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you? Well I didn’t know for some time, until my wife told me that if she hears about Crossfit one more time before she goes to sleep then I wouldn’t be physically able to attend the next class. And I couldn’t help but say something ….
7. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least Favorite?
Favorite – Anything with barbells, especially deadlifts or back squats.
Least Favorite – Well I would have said run until about a week ago when the assault bikes showed up. Also if anyone would like to purchase some slightly used assault bikes please let us know…. Thanks,
8. What motivates you during a WOD? Well it’s usually Lamonte, it never fails as soon as I feel like I can’t go any more and I need to stop. Lamonte is either yelling at me or staring at me. But I need the motivation.
9. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter? My original goal was to go to the free classes and learn the movements and then do it on my own, well now I have been going for over 6 months and I don’t see myself ever meeting that one, but a true goal is to be able to stay active and healthy so that I can support my family.
10. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness? I have tried the other gyms; if I wanted to work out by myself I wouldn’t come to a place full of people. But as soon as you walk into the box people treat you like they have known you for years. And will encourage you just like they are the ones hitting the PR. Just the other day I hit a PR and it was on the board before I could even get back there to write it. It’s just different and it is so hard to explain.
11. What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit? Don’t give up and never look back…
12. What is something no one knows about you? Sometimes I lose count and guess…..
13. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, the workout would be:
I got a fever and the only prescription is more Barbell….
18 Minute AMRAP
5 – Power Snatch (135 / 95 lbs.)
5 – Clean & Jerk (135 / 95 lbs.)
5- Deadlift (135 / 95 lbs.)
5 – Thruster (135 / 95 lbs.)