3. When did you become a member at CrossFit West of the River? I have been on a weight loss journey since 2010 and have slowly been shedding weight since then. I have tried different programs and my journey brought me to CrossFit in March 2016
4. Have you noticed any changes – physical or mental – since starting CrossFit? If so, what? YES, BOTH. The physical changes are remarkable. I have lost over 30lbs and tons of inches. I have noticed my physical shape has changed and I believe that’s what people call toning and muscles- LOL. I have gained strength, determination and mental toughness.
5. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout? “What have I gotten myself into”? “I’m 45 yrs old and trying to do this NOW”?
6. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you? After Foundations was over. I thought to myself that I can continue on this journey and see where it takes me or I can quit ‘cause “it’s too hard”. I came back!
7. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least Favorite? Deadlifts and V-ups. Running and Burpees!
8. What motivates you during a WOD? Knowing that I did the workout. I may have to modify the heck out of it, but I’m still there trying and moving.
9. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter? To be better than I was yesterday. It’s a process and a journey.
10. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness? Age, sex, weight and fitness level doesn’t matter; anyone can do it.
11. What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit? The physical workouts are tough, but the mental exhaustion and frustrations are VERY real. You have to push yourself and not listen to the negativity in your OWN head. Just show up and do what you can do. Tomorrow do a little bit more, the next day push yourself again, and so on. One WOD at a time.
12. What is something no one knows about you? I like to sew.
13. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, the workout would be: