LaMonté – Owner/Head Trainer/L-2 CrossFit Trainer
To me, CrossFit is more than just a workout. It is a way of life, a community and a support team. It is an investment, being both a trainer and an athlete. I don’t have words for the excitement when someone gets their first air squat, push-up, pull-up, muscle-up or even their first rx workout. I get pure joy and excitement every time I enter into a box. So to me, it’s about reaching fitness goals every day, with every workout, being better than yesterday. I want to be a part of the lives changed, the goals reached.
I discovered CrossFit in 2011 and started coaching CrossFit methods in 2012. My experience as a track & field athlete instilled in me a love for community and competition, which makes CrossFit a perfect fit. I have been competing and coaching in track & field (sprints & jumps) since 1994. I continue to hold the indoor long jump record at my Alma Mater Missouri Southern. I have also completed two half-marathons. I am a true believer in the scalability of all wods in that ANYONE can do CrossFit.
With a background as a CrossFit trainer, as well as a collegiate track & field coach, I love using those skills to help improve the health of others. I discovered a passion for yoga due to its incredible health benefits, both physical and mental. I strive to foster an environment in which the students and athletes feel challenged, yet always having fun, and leave feeling refreshed and energized.
– CrossFit West of the River Owner/Head Trainer 2014
– Yoga Certified Trainer 2014
– CrossFit Level 1 Trainer 2012
– CrossFit athlete since 2011
– Volunteer assistant jumping coach at Oral Roberts University for 2 years
– Graduate assistant track & field coach at Missouri Southern University for 2 years
– Private long jump/triple jump coach for 4 years
– Track & Field athlete for 17 years
– Nationally ranked in long jump for AAU and Collegiate