3. When did you become a member at CrossFit West of the River?
4. Have you noticed any changes – physical or mental – since starting CrossFit? If so, what?
Physical: I have lost weight and inches around my midsection. I have gained muscle in my upper body, lower body, and core. I feel like I can go harder for longer in workouts across the board.
Mental: This type of working out is a great stress relief for me. I feel better and more energized throughout the day which has enabled me to be more productive when I get home from work. Before I started CrossFit I felt exhausted when I got home from work and never wanted to do anything around the house. Now I seem to always have a project going.
5. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
Am I ever going to stop throwing up?
6. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you?
When I got up the next day after my first workout and couldn’t for the workout that day.
7. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least Favorite?
My favorite is muscle ups, probably because I can finally do one. My least favorite is thrusters! I loath thrusters!
8. What motivates you during a WOD?
Trying to keep up with my fellow CrossFitters. Trying to be better and do more than I did the day before.
9. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter?
To maintain an overall healthy lifestyle.
10. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness?
CrossFit has a sense of community and team at the same time working for the better of the individual.
11. What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit?
Be patient. Don’t give up if you aren’t comfortable with a movement. It will come.
12. What is something no one knows about you?
I have a terrible fear of snakes! I don’t care what kind it is. They are all copperheadedrattlemoccasins to me!
13. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, what would it be?
Back squat 185#
Hand stand Pushups